Momma Says Quilts Speak

Momma Says Quilts Speak

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

When it doubt --quilt

Today, I thought about all the hundreds of things that I need to get accomplished this week before my brother and sister arrive next week from Oklahoma. This place has more than gone down hill and not even the great outdoors will save me because we are rapidly moving into a  messey autumn after too much rain and wind. This is supposed to be DRY country and the rain caused alot of mildew and stuff in the leaves .
Or something.
And what with the events of this year, well, I seriously am thinking about hireing someone to clean my house, at least the public rooms. Not the Quilt Room. After thinking that all over--
I went into the quilt room .

These are a few of the 18 sets of jelly roll strips that I have cut out. I really really need to get them going before I lose them or something. Right. There is always the weekend to prepare for visitors.

So I searched and found and ironed my back ground fabric. It seemed like it took all day to cut it out. And then I realized that it was just the prep cut. Every peice that I cut today, all 144 of them will have to be recut and shaped. MM.
There may not be alot of variety here but I do like the colors. They go with my orange back entry wall!

Now its 3 pm almost and I had better get back to thre real world. Get your jeans on granny! Its time to bootscoot !

No comments:

Post a Comment