Momma Says Quilts Speak

Momma Says Quilts Speak

Monday, October 14, 2013

What do you do?

Life has just taken me for a spin the last 5 years since we lost our son. Somehow you muddle along, but nothing is really me any more. I am not in charge. If destiny waves its finger everything drops into a void.
Yes we go ahead and go to ball games, birthday parties, make baby blankets and do a half way job of the essentials of life-but something, everything is just so out of wack.
I am beginning to think that there is hope that the real me is still here, a little changed, a little torn and wounded, but still here, and if I want to create anything any more- really create then I need to get a hold of myself and somehow take charge of what I can so that I can go forth with singing.
So this morning, I went into my quilt room. It was time to take a blunt look and where it has ended up on this disasterous void that I have been living in. So Lets see------
This is really sad. Once this was the doorway to adventure, fun and smiles. Now its just a receptical of what ifs.?
How on earth did I slip so far into oblivion?
There is still a cutting table there!
This moveable work table just needs some order restored and putaway party.
There is something on the design board so it looks like I sneak and  crawl into this cayotic room and try to work.
Now . NOW. Its time to get a handle on things, start clearing my mind and really, REALLY work again.
And thats just what  I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment