Momma Says Quilts Speak

Momma Says Quilts Speak

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

When I was a young teenager

When I was a young teenager and dreamed of being a writer, not to be famous but just for the ability to make the words flow, describe and tell a story. I would plan and plan my places to write about the people that I would use, and populate my town, the bakery, library, cop,hero, the nice girl, the not so nice girl, spoiled and pampered  and so on.

Now I realize that I do the same thing with fabric. My quilt is a community of people and it takes all kinds to click and lots of kinds to add interest. There is the little bit wild, the fubsydubsy,  the physco, the erudite, the prim, the sparky, the dancer, the teacher, the speedster, molly over the back fence, PTA star, and on and on, all variations of drive, activity, movement, restful places, moods and co-stars all out of wack but still with a balance. I am still doing that, crating a community only now I really have found a story to tell----- sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment