Momma Says Quilts Speak

Momma Says Quilts Speak

Friday, February 14, 2014

We came to the coast yesterday, but it was a late start because the guys job was not done. We will have to go back and finish it Monday. But I was already to go when DH was and hoping to stop at the quilt shop in Florence.

Bad news. The lady at Joy of Quilting, sold her stuff and retired.
I finally found "the only other quilt shop left in Florence". They had bought some of the stuff from Joy of Quilting and had a stash of their own. I found a "maybe" green for my vintage fabric, a few support fabrics if I use it, and a yucky intriguing old looking fabric that I can hardly wait to add as a back.
This morning I took it all out and looked at it, moved it around abit and again. Hope something jives when I get home.
Can't get too excitied, yet--
I had went back to Piece by Piece to get templates. My mistake. I talked to the class teacher of this Sump Punk or whatever it was that is calling my name. She said, she made her templates out of cardboard. There was a place in Eugene that would make them for me, really reasonably, cheaper than I could order them. She had finally ordered hers from Australia and guess that is what I am going to have to do. You need a pay pal which I have never sat up. Don't know how hard it is. And the Bank is wanting to close all accounts and start over with cards and stuff to avoid credit card rips.

Hmm. Maybe I'll be home soon? Tuesday? Weds? Oh me----

No comments:

Post a Comment