Momma Says Quilts Speak

Momma Says Quilts Speak

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Home again

We got home Tuesday night. What can I say. Love, Love, Love my home state. The air is different.
Before I went to bed, I walked all around the house and touched home, The office, the quilt room, the laundry, all my work spaces-even the kitchen. It was wonderful.

Wednesday morning I got out of bed and went straight to the quilt room and made three celtic solstice 54-40 blocks.

This morning I made 3 more.
Then I looked over the  design board and at what was auditioning.
This was just not going anywhere at all. I started to the laundry to pick up the new fabrics that I had picked up in Newport to see if they would work better, and as I walked by a ironed and folded stack of stuff to "put away" I spotted these peices and just hung them up to try.
I am liking this better. Not so in your face with a modern color combo.

The lighting in my quilt room is awful. Even though it is sunny outside this morning the room is full of shadows. I have two lights out in the room. Very slowly I am changing out my light bulbs for daylight, LED light bulbs. Hope that is the answer. It is certainly tough on my pocket book. But I am hoping for an invested improvement. Hate the florescent light type light bulbs. Whatever they are- they look like florescent even if they are not. Light is extremely important if you have bad eyes.
And that is it for sewing today. I am still not unpacked or laundry all done and we are leaving early today to travel to the district basketball games. It is going to be a long one. But I know a quilt store in Ephrata that just might make the trip worth enduring, and there is a fantastic Mexican Restraunt with devine flavor that I can already taste the blend of flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment